Department of Civil Engineering
The Department of Civil Engineering is one of three departments in the Faculty of Engineering at the Universiti Pertahanan Nasional Malaysia (UPNM). Presently, there are twenty four (24) staffs in the department, which consists of nineteen (19) academic staff, one (1) administration staff and four (4) technical staff (detail information can be found in Chapter 6). There are almost 200 numbers of students that enrol every year including undergraduates and postgraduates where the majority of the students are cadet officers and the remaining are 'Palapes' and civilian.
In 1995 until the end of 2006, the Bachelor of Civil Engineering Program was established under Akademik Tentera Malaysia (ATMA) as resulted from the collaboration between Univeristi Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) and Ministry of Defence Malaysia (MINDEF). But starting from 2007, after ATMA was overtaken by UPNM, the Department of Civil Engineering was given the mandate to administer the Bachelor of Civil Engineering Program offered by UPNM. This department is responsible to ensure the success of offered programme and to receive recognition and accreditation from the Board of Engineer Malaysia (BEM) and Engineering Accreditation Council (EAC).
The followings are the list of Head of Department that have contributed in driving the department to its peak:
- Colonel Professor Ir. Dr. Norazman Mohamad Nor (2007 - 2008)
- Associate Professor Captain Ir. Neza Ismail (B) (2009 - 2010)
- Associate Professor Ir. Dr. Mohamed Alias Yusof (2010 - 2011)
- Engr. Zulkifli Abu Hassan (2011 - 2013)
- Engr. Muhamad Azani Yahya (2013 - 2015)
List of External Examiner(s) that have been appointed is as follows:
- Professor Ir. Dr. Othman A. Karim (2008 - 2011)
- Professor Ir. Dr. Raihan Taha (2012 - Present)
Total number of staff: